Dr.Geo. Samir Raslan
Vice Chairman For Agreements & Exploration
- Dr. Samir Mohammed Mohyelddin Mohammed Raslan was born in Menoufia Governorate in 1968 and has got a Bachelor of Science (Geology) in 1990 from the University of Menoufia.
- He completed his higher studies until obtaining a Master's Degree in Petroleum and Mining from the Same University in 1996 and concluded his Career with a Degree PhD in Philosophy in Geophysics from Ain Shams University in 2003.
- After Completing his Service as a Conscript in the Armed Forces from October 17, 1990 until December 1, 1991.
- On 1995 He joined Rashid Petroleum Company until he was the Leader of the Geological Department for Burullus and Rashid Projects in Exploration & Development.
- At the beginning of 2006, Dr. Samir Raslan join ENAP-Sipetrol Company to work as the Leader of the Company's Geology Team until 1/10/2007, and then joined Dana Gas to work as Manager of the Department of New Business Evaluation of New Areas in Middle East and continued to work until 1/6/2011.
- On 26/6/2011 Dr. Samir Raslan joined the Pharaonic Petroleum Company to work as Assistant General Manager for the Exploration Department and he was included in the Positions until he got the General Manager on 2/7/2013.
- In July 2017 he joined Rashid Petroleum Company as Exploration General Manager and Board Member.
- On 24/12/2018 Dr. Samir Raslan joined EGAS to worked as the Vice Chairman of the Company for Agreements and Exploration and Board Member of EGAS by a Decision of the Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources - The Prosecution of the Conclusion of Agreements with Research Companies and Issuance, as well as Exploration Resulting from the Conclusion of Agreements and Searches for Gas and Research Areas throughout the Republic.
- Dr. Samir has nearly 25 years of Experience in the field of geology, Underground Sciences, Wells Development and Assessment of New Areas, as well as his Experience in the field of Higher Studies in Philosophy in Geophysical Sciences.
- Dr. Samir Raslan Participate with the Exploration Team in BG and Rashid to achieve 100% Discovery Rate after 16 wells in Burullus Area.
- Reach to the Gas production in Rashid Pet. Co. to 2.6BCF/D.
- Achieve 80% success ratio with Dana Gas in Exploration after drilling 32wells to add more than 500BCF and increase production to 44,000BOE.
- Fast Track Development for Atoll Project to raise the production in Pharaonic Petroleum Co. By 310MMSCF/D in one year.
- Dr. Samir have 15 Papers published and presented in some Conferences as EGPC, MOC, SPE, GAW, AAPG, at April 2003 and the Bulletin of Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute.
- Dr. Samir Raslan supervised a lot of MSC and PHD Thesis and act as Referee for Many thesis’s in many Universities, which has many published papers.
- Dr. Samir worked as :-
1-A consultant with Dr. George Bertram in Seismic Sequence and Depositional Model of Rosetta area.
2-A consultant with Prof. Ben Kneller for Sedimentology and Depositional Model of WDDM.
3-A consultant with Baker Atlas and Schlumberger for Depositional Model from FMI.
4-A consultant for High Resolution Sequence Stratigraphy of WDDM with Erex through Rashpetco.
5-A consultant with Prof. Mutti in Sedimentology and Depositional model of WDDM area from Core.
6-A consultant for Evaluation of North East Abu Sannan Block, Western Desert with Saxon Egypt Co.